Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Semi-Juice Cleanse

I woke up the other day to this:


Ladies and gentlemen, these are my abs. ON MY PERIOD. By some miracle, I did not retain any water and am not even remotely bloated. I think all that happened the day or two before, but this... this is God's glorious gift to me for this week.

As I mentioned in my previous post, I'm considering a juice fast. I've read that the few days leading up to a fast, you should eat a vegan diet to prepare your body. Well, I'm not patient. Last night, after feeling guilty for eating a little teacup full of ice cream (don't judge- my cramps were asking for it!), I decided to do a semi-juice fast for today. I woke up and made a green juice with spinach, cucumber, apple and ginger for breakfast. My reaction? 


I then went to go study, but stopped by a grocery store to buy some almonds to snack on because I was craving them. Idk why, but at least it wasn't another ice cream craving. 4 hours and 1 ounce of almonds later, I still wasn't hungry. Made another juice- this time with beets, lemon, ginger, apples and carrots. I thought I liked it, but realized that I put too much lemon in it. 


Anyways, I'm still not hungry. Maybe it's because I ate enough for an entire family yesterday, but I'm feeling good! Going to go murder shoulders and triceps tonight. If I feel like I need it, I'll eat some protein before (or after) my workout. I'm easing into a juice cleanse, so I'll allow some healthy solids. 









No comments:

Post a Comment